Daily Devotions for Die-Hard Fans: Missouri Tigers combines the great passion of the Tiger fan with the grand passion of the fan of Christ in one set of devotions. The result is a book that is fun while it provides a time of reflection about God and your faith.
• Missouri once used a tactic to win a football game that resulted in a change in the rules that is still in effect.
• MU’s 1964 pitching staff was the greatest in the history of major college baseball.
• Dan Devine’s first trip to Columbia was such a disaster he wondered if he would live to see his family again.
• Brad Smith’s former youth coach threatened to come after a college coach with a shotgun if he ever mistreated Smith.
• An MU-Kansas basketball game erupted into a brawl so violent that blood splattered onto a reporter’s jacket.
These stories and more are recounted here. Also appearing are Gary Pinkel, Norm Stewart, Chase Daniel, Henry Josey, James Franklin, and many others. Their stories — along with legendary games, improbable victories, and historical events — are told with a twist: They are all tied to God’s story.
Have fun! Have faith! Go Tigers! Go God!