Daily Devotions for Die-Hard Fans: Baylor Bears
combines the great passion of the Baylor fan with the grand passion of the fan of Christ into one set of devotions. The result is a book that is fun while it provides a time of earnest reflection about God and your faith.
* A Baylor football player once volunteered to play the other team by himself.
* Melissa Jones missed only one game despite an on-court injury that left her virtually blind in one eye.
* Art Briles convinced a star lineman to stay in Waco by
talking about Cadillacs and horse ranches.
* Baylor once played a softball game that took seven years
* Grant Teaff came up with a novel idea to inspire his team:
he ate a worm.
These stories and more are recounted here. Also appearing are Robert Griffin III, Nick Florence, Brittany Griner, Kendall Wright, Odyssey Sims, Kim Mulkey, Bryce Petty, and others. Their stories – along with legendary games, improbable victories, and historical events – are told with a twist: They are all tied to God’s story.
Have fun! Have faith!
Sic ‘em Bears! Go God!